Doing The AJC REBOOT
Our cleanse (or as we like to call it: the reboot) consists of six 16 oz. bottles of fresh, unpasteurized (raw) fruit and vegetable juice. Most people do a 3-to-7 day reboot, but shorter reboots are also available.
For 1-3 day reboots, just grab what you need from our grab + go cooler. For longer reboots, please place an order 48 hours in advance, so we have enough fresh produce on hand.
You can order by phone (262-694-7670) or in-person at the shop. Unfortunately, we can't take your order on social media or email. We do, however, offer group discounts. So that's like 90% upside.
- Kale, Cucumber, Celery, Microgreens (radish, mustard, amaranth, kohlrabi + mizuna), Lime + Apple
- Carrot, Orange, Ginger, Turmeric + Maca
- Carrot, Cucumber, Celery + Apple
- Apple, Lemon, Ginger + Cayenne
Tips for Making the Most of Your REBOOT
The Week Before
- Lots and lots of water. Like half your body weight in ounces every day.
- Dump processed food, dairy, meat, alcohol, refined sugar, nicotine and caffeine.
- A.K.A. eat lots of veggies, whole grains, beans, fruits and nuts.
- Try switching out a meal or two for juice.
- If you're deeply in love with sugar + caffeine, dump those two weeks before you do your cleanse (trust us it's easier that way).
During the Reboot
- Keep loading up on water, it helps flush toxins out of your body. Aim for around 6-8 glasses a day. Herbal tea also works great.
- Get lots of rest. Take naps. Go to bed early. Whatever works. You're going to feel a bit tired the first day, so just go with it.
- The rest rule goes for your exercise schedule too. A light walk or some relaxing yoga? Good. Marathoning? Bad.
- If you get the munchies, you can cheat with a few cucumber or pepper slices.
The Week After
- Slowly add solid food back. You don't want to overwhelm your system.
- Fruit and veggie-rich smoothies or soups make great day 1 choices.
- When you add food back, pay attention to how it makes you feel. This is great for identifying problem foods in your diet.
- Keep the goodness going and don't fall back into a relationship with processed food or refined sugar (you deserve food that treats you better.)
Can anyone do a juice cleanse/reboot?
No. We don't recommend the juice reboot for pregnant (or breastfeeding) women, people with compromised immune systems, children or the elderly. There are also some medical conditions or medications that don't mix well.
I need a major reboot. Can I do a crazy long version?
We wouldn't recommend it. Juice doesn't have nearly enough protein, fat and fiber to be a long term diet.
OK. So how long should I reboot?
Different things work for different people. But we don't recommend rebooting for more than 10 days in a row. 10-day reboots can be done a couple of times a year. If you're just doing a one day reboot, you can do it as frequently as once a week.
How is this going to make me feel?
Most people go into day 1 feeling pretty excited (and maybe a little tired). Days 2 and 3 can be more challenging, but by day 4 they start to feel pretty good (increased energy, mental clarity, etc.) Again, everybody's different.
Be honest. How hungry am I going to be?
Rebooters are so full of fantastic nutrients and fluids that they're usually not very hungry.
But what If I'm the exception and I'm totally hungry?
You can cheat with some water-filled veggies like cucumbers or peppers. And maybe a few nuts (as long as they're raw and unsalted).
Am I going to lose weight?
You're going to be consuming less calories than the average American usually does. So probably. But, please remember, a reboot is about rejuvenating your body and improving your health. Any weight loss is just a cherry on top (mmm fresh fruit).
What about protein? I'm concerned about protein.
No problem. You can always add a handful of raw, unsalted nuts in to round out your diet. Hemp protein also works well.
One Last Thing
The ACJ juice reboot/cleanse is not meant to treat, prevent, diagnose or cure. AJC is not a medical organization and our staff cannot give you medical advice or diagnosis. Always consult a physician before starting a juice cleanse to determine whether raw juice is appropriate for you. All juices are unpasteurized and may contain bacteria that can cause serious illness in people with weakened immune systems. Raw juice is highly perishable and must be consumed before expiration date. Juices for reboots are subject to availability and can change at any time. Juices provided for reboots are determined solely by AJC. If you have questions about which juices are currently available, please ask them prior to payment. Note that because the juice reboot/cleanse is highly perishable, we can't give refunds.